In response to a request to clarify a court order against President Trump's transgender military ban, a federal judge has ruled neither Trump, nor the Pentagon, may delay transgender enlistments any further than a January 1 target date.
Kollar-Kotelly has written: "Those policies allowed for the accession of transgender individuals into the military beginning on January 1, 2018".
District Court Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly denied the administration's request to postpone an Obama-era January 1 start date for transgender individuals to join the armed services. Her original ruling, she wrote, was to return the policy on military service by transgender Americans to what it was when the Obama administration lifted the ban June 30, 2016, with the one modification by Mattis that delayed enlistment of new trans troops until January 1, 2018.
Kollar-Kotelly explains her order intended to revert the military's policy on transgender troops to the "status quo" before Trump issued his directive banning transgender military service, which means the Mattis memo is now lawful policy. "Based on the circumstances surrounding the President's announcement and the departure from normal procedure, the court agrees wit the D.C. court that there is sufficient support for plaintiff's claims that 'the decision to exclude transgender individuals was not derived by genuine concern regarding military efficacy".
Brad Faxon on Tiger Woods, "I witnessed first-hand what Fowler saw"
I think he enjoyed seeing the difference in shots when you experiment'. "I want to see it and I want to compete against it". And in a practice round with Rickie Fowler and Patrick Reed , Tiger was consistently outdriving Reed by at least 15 yards.
"Any action by any of the Defendants that changes this status quo is preliminarily enjoined", she concluded, underlining the text for emphasis.
In her ruling in October, Kollar-Kotelly said the ban of transgender people in the military was "disapproval of transgender people generally".
President Donald Trump is losing so much lately that he must be exhausted of losing.
The case, brought by the ACLU of Maryland on behalf of six soldiers, led District Judge Garbis to state that Trump's ban "was not driven by genuine concerns regarding military efficacy".
Delhi Metro loses 3 lakh passengers due to hike in fare
The DMRC fare hike effective from 10 October has led to a rise of around Rs10 for almost every distance slab. Last month, he had called metro fare hike "anti-people".
The two lawsuits are among four lawsuits filed against Trump's transgender military ban.
A that time, a Justice Department spokeswoman, Lauren Ehrsam, told the Associated Press that the injunction was "premature" because the Pentagon "is actively reviewing" transgender service requirements.
However, in his ruling, Garbis declared that the plaintiffs challenging the ban in the case under his purview had "demonstrated that they are already suffering harmful consequences such as the cancellation and postponements of surgeries, the stigma of being set apart as inherently unfit, facing the prospect of discharge and inability to commission as an officer, the inability to move forward with long-term medical plans, and the threat to their prospects of obtaining long-term assignments".
Conyers steps aside as ranking member on House Judiciary Committee
John Conyers announced Sunday morning on Twitter that he will "step aside" as Ranking Member of the House Judiciary Committee. Conyers is accused of sexually harassing female staff members, and a secret settlement was paid out to one of his accusers.