A Samsung smartphone caught fire mid-air on a Delhi-Indore flight last Friday, sending dozens of people in panic as the alert crew rushed to put the situation under control, according to a report.
A Jet Airways spokesperson confirmed that the incident was resolved "as per guidelines". The crew started using the mini fire extinguishers to stop the smoke, however, the fire extinguisher didn't work at all, so, without further ado, the cab crew kept the smartphone in the water till the end of their journey. The same thing happened yesterday when a couple with their 18-month old son were flying from Delhi to Indore on a Jet Airways flight.
John Stamos engaged to Caitlin McHugh
Stamos was previously married to Rebecca Romijin from 1998 to 2005. We're very happy together and we hope to be so for a long time". They Wednesday in 1998, and their divorce was finalized in 2005.
The user, identified as Arpita Dhal, noticed smoke coming out from her handbag where the device was kept as reported by Hindustan Times. "We prayed to god", said Atul, Arpita's husband who was with her.
"It was observed on board Jet Airways' flight 9W 791 Delhi-Indore that smoke was emitting from a guest hand bag". We have reached out to Samsung for a comment and will update the story as we something new.
Former FBI chief James Comey reveals secret Twitter account
The former Federal Bureau of Investigation chief has been using the screen name Reinhold Niebuhr and Twitter account @FormerBu . But today on Mon Oct. 23, he confirmed that he is the person behind a Twitter account that was previously anonymous.
"I will complain against Jet Airways after I return home", said Dhal. The Jet Airways' flight had 120 passengers onboard and it eventually landed safely. The fire extinguisher failed to function which prompted the crew to submerge the phone in water along with rest of the three devices as a safety measure. There have been global reports of Apple and Xiaomi phones catching fire as well. Samsung has been under stress over the past year over the Galaxy Note 7, with its battery responsible for fire hazard issues and the subsequent recall.
After this incident, Samsung India spokesperson said that they are in touch with the authorities for relative information and also said that customer safety is the top priority.
Want To See Uranus With The Naked Eye? Tonight Is The Night
Uranus, the seventh planet from the Sun and one of the least-studied in our solar system, is now visible to the naked eye. But binoculars, rather than a full telescope, should suffice, NASA says.